A Homeowner's Guide to Buying a Greenhouse
As a gardener, you may be wondering what the most important factors are to consider when contemplating building a greenhouse on your property. We have created this guide to assist avid gardeners in choosing the best type of greenhouse for their needs given their particular budget constraints. We break down the different kinds of greenhouses and also explain the pros and cons of the various styles and designs such as lean-to, attached, hobby and backyard greenhouses. Greenhouses made with glass or polycarbonate panels are quite common. This information originates from over 25 years of experience in the business of designing, constructing and maintaining hobby greenhouses for residences as well as industrial-sized commercial facilities through growing seasons in a wide variety of climates.
Important Questions to Consider when Purchasing a Greenhouse
We have created a list of concerns you may ask on your own, and also we aim to provide some idea prompting suggestions for you to ruminate on. Some of the most important questions to ask yourself are:
- How much room do I have?
- How many people do I want to feed?
- Who will benefit from the greenhouse?
- What is my budget for the initial purchase and repairs to the structure?
- Just how much am I anticipating to spend on heating and air conditioning?
- What sort of environment do I live in?
- What are the low and high temperatures?
- Do I live in a really gusty location?
- Just how much snow falls?
- How much sunshine will my plants receive?
- How many seasons do I intend to grow?
- What type of plants will I be expanding?
- Just what are the regional structure department's policies?
- How much time term is my living scenario?
- Do I wish to make use of the proposed construction space for other things?